Truffle Sea Salt
Back in stock in August 2021 - the next Truffle season!
Olsson's high-quality Australian sea salt flakes are combined with finely shaved fresh (not freeze-dried) Australian-grown Black Perigord Truffles. The result is a seductive, earthy character of the truffle through every flake.
Olsson’s Truffle Sea Salt comes in a beautiful black and white 50gm stoneware jar with a carved wooden salt spoon. It makes a lovely addition to your kitchen bench or dining table. The stoneware jar is airtight and refillable.
Purchase the Olsson's salt in the stoneware jar and add a Pebbles Pinch Dish for a thoughtful gift for the food-lover in your life.
What We Love About It
The Truffle salt is pretty special. Here are a few great ways to use it:
- Sprinkle on steak before serving
- Risotto: truffle salt adds a subtle richness to creamy risottos
- Pasta dishes: stir a teaspoon of truffle salt into ricotta and use this as the cheese for a baked pasta dish.
- Eggs: sprinkle truffle salt in egg-based dishes; scrambled, baked, omelettes.
- Potatoes: use Truffle salt in place of regular salt on baked potatoes, mashed potato and fries.
- Soup: add truffle salt to crème fraiche, then add to vegetable soups.
Olsson's salt not only tastes delicious, but it's ethically made in Australia.
Sea Salt harvesting is probably the most sustainable type of farming on the planet. To make the salt, Olsson's use 'solar evaporation', where seawater evaporates in successive ponds until the salt crystallizes on the bottom of the pond. It's then scooped up, washed in seawater, dried and packaged.
There are no chemical processes involved in the manufacture of Olsson's Salt - it's 100% natural sea salt.