At Gingerfinch we treat your privacy and any personal information (as defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)) with the utmost care and respect. This policy explains how we collect, use and disclose the personal information you provide to us when you use our website, gingerfinch.com.au.
1) We collect information from you when you purchase from our website or subscribe to our newsletter. We collect Personal Information that you have provided to us about yourself. This could include your name, email address, address and phone number. We do not store your credit card details.
We use your Personal Information in the following ways:
(a) to process transactions;
(b) to personalise your experience;
(c) to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you;
(d) to improve customer service by responding to your requests and needs; and
(e) to enable us to comply with any regulatory reporting and legal obligations.
2) We may also use your Personal Information for other purposes (and/or share your information with a third party) because we believe it is necessary to do so. These circumstances include:
(a) liaising with service providers who assist us with order fulfilment, supply chain and logistics;
(b) providing you with a service which you have requested;
(c) protecting the rights, property or personal safety of our suppliers, customers or any member of the public;
(d) to prevent or help detect fraud or serious credit infringements;
(e) sharing with third parties who may place cookies on your browsers for targeted advertising purposes;
(f) to protect our interests (e.g. disclosing information to a court); or
(g) if the assets and operations of our business are being transferred to another party as a going concern.
3) We will keep all Personal Information we receive from you confidential. We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your Personal Information to third parties (unless stated above).
4) When you provide us with your Personal Information, we automatically add you to our mailing list so that we can send you information about our products and services (including promotions, discounts and special events).
You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing materials at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the 'Unsubscribe' link in the emails we send you.
5) The transfer of information across any media may involve a certain degree of risk, and the Internet is no different. In order to protect the security of personal information transmitted to Gingerfinch PTY LTD, our servers support the use of the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Protocol where appropriate. Using this protocol, information transferred between your web browser our systems is encrypted.